300 hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training based on the works of Yin Yoga founder, Paul Grilley, in a fusion with Chinese medicine, psychology and self-empowerment work.
A 4 week intensive and in depth training taught by me and Michelle Villanueva.
I am delighted to offer the opportunity for serious students and teachers to pursue their yoga education in the discipline of Yin Yoga and Meditation, and study this unique and comprehensive training.
TEACHER TRANING HIGHLIGHTS
Asanas & Pranayama
– Yin and Yang description of yoga asana
– Learn how to practice, modify and teach Yin Yoga Asanas with a functional approach based on each unique individual
– Pranayama (breathing exercises) for Yin Yoga practice
Anatomy & Physiology
– Anatomy and physiology for Yin Yoga
– Fascia studies and the latest research
– Hips and spine anatomy
– Tension, compression, skeletal variations
– Yin and Yang anatomy in practice
– Functional target areas in the Yin Yoga practice
Chinese medicine, Meridians & The five phases
– The energetic aspects in Yin Yoga based on Chinese medicine (philosophy)
– Working with Qi (Prana)
– The five emotions in Chinese medicine
– The five phases (elements) in relation to life and yoga
– Your personal element and its coping strategies
– Adapting Yin Yoga based on seasons and individual needs
Philosophy & The role of the teacher
– How to support a balanced life (inc. Yamas & Niyamas)
– Finding your voice as a yoga teacher
Teaching and Sequencing
– How to conduct a powerful and restorative Yin Yoga Class
– Safety and teaching methodology
– Variations, props and modifications in Yin Yoga
Healing Practices for Yin Yoga
– How to enhance the healing power of Yin
– Healing with sound etc.
– The anatomy of the mind
– Teaching of rebound in Yin Yoga
This education is aimed at those who want to create an in-depth understanding of Yin Yoga and wish to teach this method. The aim is that you, after this education, feel safe with Yin Yoga as a method and that the knowledge is available for applying its principles in your own practice and teaching.
This yin yoga teacher training is in accordance with the guidelines applicable to the Yoga Alliance. 100% attendance is required.
07.00 – 07.30 Morning meditation
07.30 – 08.00 Breakfast
09.00 – 12.00 Yin Yoga practice and lectures
12.00 – 16.00 Lunch break and rest
16.00 – 19.00 Yin Yoga practice and lectures
Each day consists of six hours of study together with an experienced yoga teacher. In addition to these hours, there will be time for your own studies and home assignments.
During the training there will be days off, for rest, exploration of the sea and island, as well as your own studies and home assignments.
WHEN & WHERE
Venue: This training will be hosted at the beautiful Olive Goidhoo baa Atoll, Maldives.
Room, board and tuition: $ double occupancy, $ single occupancy.
Next training: June 24th, 2019