My teaching is based on simple, effective and powerful yin yoga, including yin yoga poses, breath awareness and mind training. Our bodies are made to last a lifetime, but we need to take care of them properly to fully enjoy our life. As many athletes and people in general are discovering, Yin Yoga can increase the quality of life, benefit athletic performance, and help speed recovery from injury. It is also an amazing tool to use as a strategy to prevent minor injuries from becoming chronic problems.
- Fascia studies
- Fascia and sports injuries
- Tension, compression, skeletal variations
- Myofascial release techniques for feet, neck and shoulders
- The power of Qi
- Yin yoga for injury prevention
- Yin yoga for recovery
- Yin yoga as mental training
- The relaxation response
- Yin yoga and self-study / insight
- Being comfortable in the uncomfortable
- Becoming your own inner coach
- Mindfulness in training and competition
- To teach yin yoga for athletes – voice and language
- Know your athletes
- Yin and Yang in yoga, life and exercise
- The four muscle groups of the thigh
- Yin yoga for the spine, arms and thighs, feet, neck and shoulders
- Case studies: The Runner, The Surfer, The Fighter etc
You have completed a minimum of 200 hour yoga teacher training.
You have practiced yin yoga for a minimum of one year.
The training is part science – part practice and experience based.